While the CID investigates the incidents that take place within a state and it works on the orders of the state government, the CBI handles the investigation of various incidents taking place across the country and the authority to order it is given by the Central Government, the High Court. And the Supreme Court has
Difference Between CID and CBI:-
CID and CBI are usually two different investigating agencies and their field of investigation is also different.
The CID investigates the incidents occurring within a state and it works on the orders of the state government, while the CBI handles the investigation of individual incidents across the country and the authority to order it is given by the Central Government, High It is held by the court and the Supreme Court.
After knowing this much, it now becomes necessary to know what is the difference between CID and CBI.
What is CID (Crime Investigation Department) ?:
The full form of CID is Crime Investigation Department which is known as Crime Investigation Department in a state.
CID is the investigation and intelligence department of the police in a state. This department is entrusted with the task of investigating murder, rioting, kidnapping, theft, etc.
The CID was established in 1902 by the British government on the recommendation of the Police commission. Police employees are given special training before joining them.
This department is entrusted with the task of investigation by the state government and sometimes by the High Court of that state.
What is CBI (Central Bureau of Investigation) ?:
Central Bureau of Investigation, ie CBI, is an agency of the Central Government in India, which deals with national and international level crimes such as murders, scams, corruption cases and national interests.
The crimes are investigated by the Indian government. The CBI agency was established in 1941 and was renamed as “Central Bureau of Investigation” in April 1963, headquartered in New Delhi.
Read Also: This train passes through 12 states of India
The Delhi Special Police Establishment Act, 1946 has given the CBI the powers to investigate. The Government of India can order the CBI to investigate the cases in the state with the consent of the State Government.
However, the Supreme Court and the High Court can order the CBI to investigate criminal cases in any state of the country without the consent of the state government.
The major difference between CID and CBI – Difference Between CID and CBI
1. The area of operation of CID is small (only one state), while the area of operation of CBI is large (entire country and abroad).
2. All the cases that come to the CID are assigned by the state government or the High Court whereas cases are handed over to the CBI by the Central Government, High Court or Supreme Court.
3. CID also investigates other criminal cases in the state including criminal cases such as rioting, murder, kidnapping, theft and assault, while CBI National and International level scams, fraud, and murder cases at home and abroad. Examines.
4. If a person has to join the CID, then after passing the police examination conducted by the state government, he has to pass the Criminology examination while to join the CBI pass the examination conducted by the SSC board. Have to do.
5. The CID was established by the British government in 1902, while the CBI was established in 1941 as a special police establishment.
Based on the differences given above, it is expected that now everyone will not have any dilemma about the functions of CBI and CID and their areas of work Based on the differences given above, it is expected that now everyone will not have any dilemma about the functions of CBI and CID and their areas of work.